A car battery is one of the most vital parts of the vehicle. It is responsible for starting the engine and powering your car’s electrical components. While good maintenance can ensure a smooth and long run, the battery will die out at one point. This is why you need to replace the battery as soon as you begin seeing signs of aging.
Here’s a guide to help you know the right time to get your car battery replaced.
Testing the Battery Performance:
It’s good practice to test your battery at least two times a year. Here are three ways to test battery capacity and performance:
- Battery Tester: Most reputed car service centres will have a battery tester to help you measure the battery capacity and performance.
- Digital Multi-meter: If the reading on the voltmeter is less than 11 volts, you need to get your battery replaced.
- Headlight Test: If the headlight brightens when the engine is revved, your battery might be close to dying.
These tests can help you assess the condition of your battery. With CarFixo, you can get a top-rated Car Battery Repair Service with regular maintenance and repairs to ensure a smooth ride.
Signs that you need a Battery Replacement
A car battery will usually last 4-5 years with proper care but can deteriorate faster due to some factors. As your battery deteriorates, you’ll notice the following:
- The engine is crankingand takes time to start or does not start.
- Flickering or dim headlightswhen the ignition is turned on.
- Engine turning off
- Frequentcorrosion building up on battery terminals.
- Foul Odour(like rotten eggs) from the battery.
- The Battery is leaking fluid.
- Visible battery warning lights.
- Needs jumpstarts
- Strange electricalpower fluctuations.
- The battery case is misshapen, bloated, or swollen.
The cost of a battery replacement will depend on your vehicle, the model, and the year. It can range from ₹3,000 to ₹10,000 (or more) depending on the battery type. It’s better to replace the battery to avoid higher losses since a damaged battery might cause other parts to fail.
If you see the signs of a degraded battery, get a replacement immediately to prevent any unfortunate surprises down the road.
CarFixo also provides Car Towing Service in cases of vehicle breakdowns, free pickup and drop service, and Cashless Car Insurance to our customers.